Passengers and baggage check-in
Check-in of passengers and baggage for domestic and international flights starts 2.5 - 3 hours prior to the departure and finishes no earlier than 40 minutes before the departure time according to the flight schedule.
Check-in of passengers for international flights is carried out at Terminal 2, and for domestic flights at Terminal 1.
It is important to remember that the time of departure indicated in the ticket is local (time of the airport of departure).
Passengers and baggage are checked in on the basis of the ticket and a document certifying the passenger’s identity, as well as other documents stipulated by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
For international transportation a passenger must have exit, entry and other documents issued in accordance with the established procedure, required in accordance with the laws of the country, to, from, or through which the transportation will be carried out.
For a passenger and baggage check-in the passenger is obliged to present for weighing all baggage intended for transportation. For transportation of extra baggage (the amount of which exceeds the established free baggage allowance), a fee is charged at the rate set by the carrier.
If a passenger is late for the time of check-in or boarding, he/she may be denied transportation by this flight. The baggage of the passenger who has been checked in, but not appeared for boarding shall be subject to removal from the aircraft and a mandatory inspection.
Going through special control
In accordance with the flight safety regulations, after check in of passengers on domestic and international flights, a mandatory procedure for all passengers is to be screened by the aviation security service - a special control procedure, which ensures that there are no items prohibited for transportation in the baggage and hand baggage of the passengers.
When passengers enter the checkpoint, aviation security officers check validity of their tickets, boarding passes, and identity documents (carry out personal identity verification).
When going through the special control, it is required that a passenger takes out all available metal objects, mobile phones, photo, video and radio equipment, takes off shoes except shoes with heel heights less than 2.5 cm and with a sole less than 1.0 cm thick, outerwear, hats, belts (belt) more than 4.0 cm wide or more than 0.5 cm thick and presents these things for inspection with the help of technical and special means, and then walks through the frame of a stationary metal detector.
- If the sound signal of the stationary metal detector goes off, it is necessary to remove all metal objects from your clothes or on your body (put them on the table) and then re-pass through the stationary metal detector.
After having passed through the special control, passengers come to the waiting hall for departure - the so-called "sterile zone".
Items, which are permitted for passengers to carry:
- medical thermometer, not containing mercury;
- mercury tonometer in a standard case, one per passenger;
- mercury barometer or pressure gauge, packed in an airtight container and sealed by the sender's seal;
- disposable lighters - one per passenger; dry ice for cooling perishable products - no more than 2 kg per passenger;
- 3% hydrogen peroxide - not more than 100 ml per passenger;
- liquids, gels and aerosols, related to non-hazardous: in containers with a capacity of not more than 100 ml (or equivalent capacity in other units of volume measurement), packed in a securely closing transparent plastic bag with the volume of not more than 1L - one package per passenger.
Liquids in containers with the capacity of more than 100 ml are not permitted for carriage even if the container is only partially filled, except for:
- medical drugs, special dietary products, baby food, including breast milk, in the amount necessary for the duration of the flight;
- medical drugs containing narcotic substances, psychotropic substances and their precursors, provided that the passenger provides corresponding documents stipulated by the international treaties of the Russian Federation, including the acts constituting the right of the Eurasian Economic Union, and (or) the legislation of the Russian Federation, confirming the prescription of the specified drugs to the passenger with the indication of their name and quantity, in the amount required for the duration of the flight;
- biological materials provided that the passenger has necessary documents stipulated by international treaties of the Russian Federation, including acts constituting the law of the Eurasian Economic Union, and (or) legislation of the Russian Federation establishing the procedure for transportation of biological materials;
- liquids purchased at duty-free shops at the airport or on board of the aircraft must be packaged in a sealed plastic bag that identifies access to the package’s contents during the flight, which has a reliable confirmation that the purchase was made at airport duty-free shops or on board of the aircraft on the day (s) of the trip.
The administration of the airport, the airline, and the operator is entitled to decide on the introduction of additional measures to ensure aviation security on flights with increased risk, and therefore prohibit the carriage in the cabin of the following items: corkscrews; hypodermic needles (unless medical justification is provided); knitting needles; scissors with a blade length of less than 60 mm; folding (without retainer) road, penknives with the blade length less than 60 mm; mercury tonometers; mercury barometers or manometers.